There is no doubt that medicine has evolved dramatically over the years. So much so that diseases that were once considered incurable, today are at the mercy of a vaccine or a simple antibiotic. We have fought some of the biggest plagues in history, and we have come out on top. But what do you do when traditional medicine fails to deliver the expected results? At Apex Advanced Medicine, we know that there is only one acceptable answer: you innovate.
This is what the PRP therapy in San Ramon CA stands for – innovation. It goes in the opposite direction of that of traditional medicine, as it relies on something else than chemicals and industrial-made compounds; the patient’s own body. PRP stands for Platelet-Rich Plasma, a substance which is obtained from the patient’s blood through the process of centrifugation.
The process relies on several steps:
- The clinician will extract some of your blood, with the amount depending on the condition being treated
- The blood sample will then be placed into a specially designed centrifuge
- The centrifuge will take the blood through two stages: a hard spin, separating the PPP (poor platelet plasma) from the PRP (platelet-rich plasma) and the red blood cells, and a soft spin, which separates the PRP from the red blood cells
- The clinician will then collect the PRP and inject it into the affected area of your body, after mixing it with a platelet activator to produce the potent platelet gel
- A minor resting period is required, followed by stretching (this step is only necessary if the type of injury you have requires it)
The PRP therapy in San Ramon CA is on the rise in popularity, despite not being FDA approved yet. As any innovative medical technique, it will have its fair share of praises and critics, just as with any medication or medical procedure in its time.
The future is here
Several studies have been made over time, including one in collaboration with the University of Michigan, which have determined that the PRP therapy can deliver extensive benefits for a wide range of health problems. These include:
- Supporting hair growth by reducing the inflammatory response in the scalp
- Assist post-surgical tissue healing
- Reducing inflammation in the joints and muscles
- Reducing osteoarthritis pain
- Speeding up recovery after bone augmentation procedures
- Accelerated bone regeneration in those suffering from periodontitis
- Increasing the soft tissue healing in case of sports accidents
- Useful in treating various musculoskeletal problems
- Reducing pain in a variety of health problems, especially articulation chronic pain
This is not an exhaustive list since there are more benefits to account for and even more to be discovered. There have been several tests on both animals and humans, showing these effects in action and, while there is still work to be done, there is no doubt that the PRP therapy in San Ramon CA shows excellent promise. At Apex Advanced Medicine, we focus on innovation to push medicine forward because change is the only way by which people will get more useful and reliable treatments.PRP Therapy San Ramon CA